March 23, 2022
AGENDA FOR THE REMOTE MEETING OF THE REORGANIZATION OF THE RECREATION COMMITTEE OF THE BOROUGH OF CHESTER
March 23, 2022 AT 6:00PM
Please see the meeting agenda on our website at www.chesterrecreationnj.org or select the below link to pre-register for this meeting. It will require user to provide name and email address to setup a free account.
Using the Internet select the below link:
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.
Using an iPhone one-tap:312.626.6799, 468113180# or 929/436.2866, 468113180#
If you do not have a Smart phone or PC with web camera you can join by telephone.
Using a regular telephone: 312.626.6799 or 929.436.2866 or 253.215.8782 or 301.715.8592 or 669.900.6833
Webinar ID: 857 4626 0210
Call to Order
The Recreation Committee of the Borough of Chester will hold Regular Meetings by in Person means commencing monthly on the fourth Wednesday at 6:00 pm at 50 North Road to discuss or act upon public business. These meetings will be open to the public remotely until further notice. Meeting agendas will be posted on the Borough’s website at www.chesterrecreationnj.org. This information has been sent to two newspapers, posted on the Borough’s website, posted at the municipal building and available from Borough hall, 50 North Road, between 8 am and 4 pm Monday through Friday by contacting the Recreation Director, Daniel Hesse by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or 908.879.3660 x2134.
- Lisa Gurzo
- Heidi Seebohm
- Kathy MacDougall
- Sharon Holman
- David Guarino
Salute to Flag
Approval of Minutes – February 23, 2022
- Lois Barjer Bequeathment – Grove Street Park Renovations
- 3 park visits done during February / march to review ideas for renovations
- Summer concert Series
- 6/30 Asbury Fever (old-school rock)
- 7/7 Monkeys Shoulder (old-school rock)
- 7/14 New Moon Rising (country)
- 7/21 Alternative Groove (old-school rock)
- 7/28 Good Works Band (Motown-funk)
- —when can we start advertising – May – Signorama signs
- —list of country songs for the band to cover
- Website revamp feedback
- Movies in the Park
- How many / what day of the week?
- We’re planning to show 2 to 3 movies this summer depending on the movies we pack and what those movies licensing fees are.
- Do you want to keep the Thursday momentum going and do movies in the park Thursdays in August? Or would another evening be better?
- FYI first day of school 08/24/22 so possible Thursday showing would be 08/04 & 08/11
- Time and who will be attending
- Sunset 07/01/21 8:10pm – Sunset 08/01/21 8:30pm
- The movie will have to start between 8:00-8:30pm and will run until about 10-1030pm What age group do we expect to be at this movie showing time?
- Location – Grove Street Park amphitheater?
- Have we historically had a movie in the park at Grove Street or municipal field? Is there something we have to discuss or notify with the neighbors because of the noise?
- Scouts/Schools/Volunteer opportunities
- Girl Scouts (Elise, Shea, Grace, and Brook) are seeking Girl Scout Silver Award opportunities to do a library box (suggested by the Gazebo at Municipal Field) – library of books for all ages, including a defibrillator, and would be funded by the girl scouts.
- George Kaparis IBCP Grove Street Project proposes:
- New sand in sandbox
- Powerwash basketball court
- New planters with flowers at different locations around the park (locations are TBD)
- New sand for volleyball courts
- Weeding of the playground and tennis courts
Next Meeting March 27, 2022 at 6pm at Borough Hall