WHAT'S HAPPENING AROUND TOWN?
Sign up for the Chester Recreation Newsletter and receive up-to-date information about our programs all year long. See you around town!
adult sports programs
TENNIS WITH U.S. SPORTS INSTITUTE
PICKLEBALL WITH U.S. SPORTS INSTITUTE
ADULT FOUNDATION PICKLEBALL
18+ YEARS OLD
4/20/22 – 6/8/22
This Pickleball class introduces beginners and those with some experience to the fundamentals of pickleball. Our professional pickleball coaches will ensure that players are taught in a low-pressure and fun environment. Players will learn pickleball fundamental techniques in ground-strokes, serving, and volleying, as well as scoring, tactics, and game rules. This all takes place through a series of fun tennis challenges, structured activities, and each session finishes with 30 minutes of match play. Pickleball is a paddle sport that combines elements of badminton, tennis, and table tennis. It is played on a badminton-sized court with a perforated plastic ball, similar to a wiffle ball, and wood or composite paddles. It is easy for beginners to learn, and can develop into a quick, fast-paced, competitive game for experienced players.
Pickleball Class Highlights:
- Ground-strokes, serving, and volleying skills & drills
- Pickleball tactics and game rules
- Fun activities and challenges
- Match play
- Free Dri-Fit Shirt
- Participants must provide their own paddle for this class. All other equipment needed will be provided by USA Sport Group.
- All players will be split into groups based on age and experience level