Chester Pool & Field House
at 137 North Road, Chester
The Chester Pool is in the final stages of being prepped and inspected, and we hope to open on or about June 29th. We are currently awaiting clarification from the Governor’s Office, which could delay opening somewhat.
Due to the abbreviated season membership rates will be discounted as noted below. Initiation fees will not be discounted. Please be sure to read additional key information, provided below.
Due to COVID-19, there will be some changes in pool protocol. All of these can be found in the Pool Rules, but here are some of the highlights; more information can be found under the additional tabs.
- Social distancing will have to be observed. We have plenty of space, and we will arrange the chairs at some distance from each other to take advantage of it, but not everyone will be able to sit close to the pool.
- Masks will be recommended but NOT required. Foot coverings WILL be required within restrooms and shower areas.
- Members will be required to sign a COVID waiver (see attached).
- There will be no swim lessons offered this year.
- Even though there are no swim meets, we are hoping to put together a practice/training schedule for Swim Team. Swim Team participants will need to be members of the Chester Area Pools.
- Pool rules. It is very important that all pool rules be observed. Please be aware that you may be subject to possible suspension and/ or revocation without reimbursement of membership fees if you do not follow the directives of pool staff when asked.
- Resident Family: $345
- Non-Resident Family: $420
- Resident Single Membership: $210
- Non-Resident Single Membership: $247.50
- Senior (62 Years & Up): $75
- Resident Couple: $266.25
- Non-Resident Couple: $303.75
- Resident Family plus Nanny: $442.50
- Non-Resident Family plus Nanny: $517.50
- Resident Family plus (2) Nanny: $539.75
- Non-Resident Family plus (2) Nanny: $614.75
- Early Bird Swim (additionally): $50
NEW MEMBERS pay a one-time, non-refundable initiation fee in addition to the Annual Membership Fee:
- Resident Family: $355
- Non-Resident Family: $455
- Resident Single/Individual: $180
- Non-Resident Single/Individual: $230
- Senior: $50
- Resident Couple/Empty Nesters: $280
- Non-Resident Couple/Empty Nesters: $355
Pre-registration will close on June 17th and we will begin to accept payments to complete the registration process on June 19th. You do not have to have been pre-registered to apply for membership. Membership application must be via Community Pass. No applications or payments will be accepted at the pool. If you choose to pay by check you may drop it off in the secure drop box at 50 North Rd. or mail it to our offices. Our administrative offices are currently closed.
- Written instructions on how to use Community Pass will be forthcoming.
- Please do not make a reservation unless you are reasonably sure you are coming. Frequent no-shows may be subject to membership suspension.
- Because of limits on how many people may be at the pool at one time, and in order to maximize the number of people who can use the pool on any given day, we have divided pool hours into two sessions, 10am–2pm, and 3pm-7pm. This gives the staff time to clean the pool area between sessions.
- We will consider going back to a regular schedule if and when the Governor allows additional capacity.
- Early Bird Swim will be from 6am-7:30am on MWF and will require registration on Community Pass.
Guest Passes will be available Monday-Thursday at a cost of $12/guest.
- There is a limit of 2 guest passes per membership daily. We will only be issuing up to 50 guest passes each day, so it is first come first serve when purchasing.
- Guest passes for the week will open on the preceding Friday at 9am and will only be sold via Community Pass.
- Guest passes must be purchased by 9am on the date you would like to bring a guest.
- Members must pay for guest passes with a credit card.
- Please note that all purchases are non-transferable or refundable.
- Members must accompany their guest at the gate when checking in and must remain onsite with guests.
- Once a guest has entered the pool grounds, there is no re-entry.
- Guest or parent or guardian of guest must sign waiver (below) before entry into the facility. A paper copy must be handed in at the front gate prior to entry of your guest.
For pool information or registration details, please contact Lauren McBride at 908-879-3660 x2128 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Lauren’s office hours are Monday-Friday, 8am-4pm. Her fax number is 908-879-0122.
Lifeguards & Staff: The Chester Area Pool is seeking applicants for general summer staff and lifeguards on a substitute or regular season schedule. Lifeguards must hold current certifications. Staff members are expected to work flexible hours and days and help to maintain a clean, safe facility and enforce rules.
Please send your resume and completed employment application to email@example.com. Staff selection will begin in mid-May.
For many of our communities school begins next week and this means our season is coming to an end more quickly than we had hoped.
In an effort to provide the most clear schedule, please review the following changes for the remainder of our season and changes due to school beginning.
- Early Bird swim will end Friday, August 21st.
- Effective Monday, August 24th our hours will be 11:00 am – 6:00 pm. We will clean bathrooms midday but will not close pools.
- Adult swim will continue as scheduled.
- Chester Schools open on Wednesday, 8/26. We will be closed Wednesday, 8/26 thru Friday, 8/28 and Monday, 8/31 thru Thursday, 9/3.
- We will continue to be open on the weekends from 11am-6pm.
- We plan to be open Labor Day weekend from Friday, September 4th through Monday, September 7th (Labor Day).
- On Labor Day our facility will close for the season at 4pm.
We appreciate your cooperation and flexibility this summer in an effort to keep everyone safe. Thank you and we wish all of you a great healthy year ahead!
Have a Party
THe field House
at Grove Street Park, 107 Seminary Avenue, Chester
The Field House is available to rent year-round for a variety of occasions, from birthday parties to weddings. Residents and non-residents alike may rent the Field House for a fee.
- Handicapped accessible entrances and bathrooms
- Full kitchen with microwave, stove, refrigerator, dishwasher
- Tables and chairs included
- Fully heated and air conditioned
- Indoor gas fireplace
- Gas grill on covered patio
- Park access
- On-site parking
Non-profit community groups may use the Field House for meetings only at no charge for up to two hours, Monday – Thursday, once a month. Contact the rental manager for more information.
Rental Manager: Ashley White, Recreation Director